Dozens of homes in Wangaratta Australia have been overrun by tumbleweeds. Due to extremely dry conditions, a certain kind of tumbleweed called "hairy panic" have been piling up outside a row of homes. Although it was quite humorous at first, as the tumblweeds continued, the situation grew tiresome and a bit overwhelming. "It's physically draining and mentally more draining," a resident from the town said.
Hairy Panic is a tumbleweed that's found in every state of Australia. It grows rapidly and have seeds inside that are meant to reproduce once it forms into a tumbleweed. If eaten by sheep in large quantities, the hairy panic can cause potentially fatal conditions.
The BBC reports further:
Wangaratta veterinary surgeon Richard Evans told the BBC the weed would lose its toxicity once it dried up.
"The important thing is it's not going to kill people's dogs and cats, it just makes a hell of a mess," he said.
Authorities are unable to help with the clean-up because the tumbleweeds do not pose a fire threat, reports say.