An E-Cigarette Exploded In a Man's Pocket While at a Gas Station

In Owensboro Kentucky a man walked into a gas station and just moments later the e-cigarette that was in his pocket burst into flames in a fiery explosion last Saturday February 20, 2016. Josh Hamilton, the owner of the e-cigarette, had to be hospitalized after he suffered severe burns to his right thigh.

E-cigarette explosion in man's pocket at gas station

After running outside and struggling to remove his pants, a worker at the gas station came out with a fire extinguisher and gave him a blasting to put out the fiery blaze.

E-cigarette explosion in man's pocket at gas station

Later Hamilton wrote on Facebook that he hoped he would not need surgery or any kind of skin graft, but it was just too early to tell.

Since 2008, there have been 22 similar incidents of e-cigarettes exploding.

Other Trending Stories